- purchasing a bat is an investment
- Softball must meet the Softball Canada requirements. Click Here to access the information
- A great guideline for selecting the right softball bat is to take the bat and put the knob in the middle of your chest, and if you can grab the barrel with your hand, then you have found a good length.
- All bats must be listed on the current USA Softball (formally ASA) or WBSC (formally ISF) Approved Bat lists ie. has ASA 2000 & 2004 stamps, and comply with the all the standards listed HERE
- gloves can help with grip on a bat
- they should fit snug. Colour and style are to players preference
- players are welcome to play in running shoes. However rubber cleats can provide stability and security when playing on shale & grass diamonds.
- metal cleats are not allowed.
- when choosing a gear bag, consider space for helmet, glove, water bottle, additional clothing and extra gear (if so chosen - cleats, bat, etc)
- Thunder Spirit Apparel online store - Click HERE to go directly to the online store
- Spring weather in Strathmore/Calgary can be unpredictable. Long Sleeves, rain coat, extra layers is usually a good idea.